




Well these photos are in backwards order (again, the computer is having a problem reading my SD card), but you get the idea of how we celebrated Luke's birthday. He is the only kid in our family to have his birthday celebrated at school. He enjoyed bringing cupcakes. After school we went to our local indoor ice skating rink for a hour or so of open skate. It was the kids' first time skating indoors and they did pretty well. They held on to the wall for a while, but eventually let go. Even Emily wore skates and made a few laps under Mommy and Daddy's legs. They all complained about it for a little while (cold, their feet hurt, etc.), but they keep asking to go again. Thanks to my aunt and uncle's collection of skates we only had to rent for Heidi and Anna, so I am sure we will go again. We then had our family party on Sunday. Luke wanted a NASCAR party; his favorite driver is Jeff Gordon. So I made a race car cake, but I couldn't quite get the colors dark enough, so we called it the faded version. I think Luke had a fun few days; he sure is growing up fast!
Emily's MRI went well. She held still for a few series, they had to repeat one because she wiggled just a little too much, and by the fifth series or so she fell asleep. It was quite a bit longer than the one for her liver, so I was glad she slept and held still without sedation. I am hoping to hear results this week. We are enjoying a lazy day, just puttering around the house, it is always nice to get a little break.
No comments:
Post a Comment