Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas












I cannot believe we are in our final days of 2009. This year was quite a stressful one, and our Christmas was some of the same. The kids loved all the festivities, the extra company and of course the presents, while Justin and my emotions were running high. I felt like we skipped over the importance of the holiday and instead focused on the stress we were feeling. So as we soon enter into a new year I feel like taking a deep breath to let the Prince of Peace remind me of His loving care. Justin is still working, rumor has it he will go to day shift soon, which would hopefully provide him with work for another 2-3 months. We have not heard from NIH yet as to when we are going. The first visit is going to be quite a gruelling one as there are some very intense tests. Leptin is given much like an insulin shot, so I will learn how to give Emily a daily dose. We will then be back at NIH every 4 months for follow up testing. And our plans for our own house are very much up in the air. We need to stay near family at least for a year as we will need babysitters while we are in Maryland, and as long as Justin is working we need to stay for that. We are still having that dangling on a string feeling, but we are together and we have our God to guide us.

No comments: