Saturday, November 21, 2009
We made it to the other side
Whew, big sigh of relief. We are done with our house. We officially moved out last Saturday, then spent every day packing up the last of our things. I thought I had done well with packing, but there always seemed to be a pile of things to go in a box. Unfortunately all the kids got sick, starting on Sunday and then on thru the week, which complicated things. Justin worked two nights and was scheduled for more until he asked to switch shifts (he is working all weekend instead--work is busy this week, last week was very slow. The job seemed never ending and just when we thought we were good and done, the buyers put up a fuss (their walk thru was an hour before closing). They said that the inspection list was not completed, and that some trim on the front door was broken (it had been that way for years but they felt they should get an extra $50 for it). And our lender was giving us a difficult time about getting our money. After a few extra hours and gray hairs everything worked out, and it is no longer our home, the memories are in our hearts and in pictures and videos. I felt it was more difficult when I moved out of my childhood home of 18 years because it was the last place my mom had been, it was the one last physical piece of her. I really was not as emotional as I had anticipated, after all we have our family with us and our things, it is time to move on to bigger and better things. The kids seem to be coping well, I know they enjoy the extra attention from grandmas, grandpas and aunts. On an interesting note, and something to pray about: there is a member of our parents' church who has a brother who is a pediatric geneticist. She told her brother about Emily and he is interested in getting more information from us, including pictures. We are hoping he can lead us somewhere, to a specialist perhaps. I am seeing Emily's body continually change, so I feel like time is of the essence. And just an FYI it may take a little longer to post on the blog these days, until things are a little more settled. So I do want to say now that we are very thankful for our family who have helped us during this time of transition. We thank you for a place to put our stuff, for a place to put our heads, and for your time and muscle in helping us move and watching the kids. I think we are most thankful that we have a God who loves us and cares for every detail of our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment