Friday, October 30, 2009
The flags are up
I was going to go out and take a picture of the pink flags adorning our yard, but it is raining again. They came to do a plot of survey this morning, the tell-tale sign that a house is sold. All the paperwork came thru for the buyers, they just got stuff in late I guess. So three weeks from today we will close a major chapter in our lives. In some ways we are excited, we have wanted to move for years, we need more room, more bathrooms, more yard, etc. In so many ways though it is sad. We know God's hand is in all the timing of things, but it is scary to not know where we are going. We are going to be homeless for a little while, though obviously not in the true sense of the word. We will be staying with Justin's parents, and our stuff will be split up between my parents' house and Justin's parents garage. We are SO thankful for family that has room enough for us and our stuff so that we don't have to pay rent at an apartment or storage locker. There is just something about not having your own space, your own stuff surrounding you, your privacy. Our little old house holds lots of memories. This is where we came after we were married and all the kids came home from the hospital here. 8 1/2 years and 4 kids later our roots are pretty deep, as are our piles of stuff. The packing is coming along slowly, with Justin working nights and sleeping during the day I am not getting as much done as I would like. Plus Heidi and I both have a nasty cough. I took her in to the doctor last night, and despite the fact that she has most of the flu symptoms, the test came back negative. The dr. was more concerned with Emily and is putting her on Tamiflu as a precaution. Poor Heidi missed 4 days of school and her Halloween party this afternoon, but she seems to be on mend, just in time to go trick-or-treating. Nothing new on Emily, just waiting. And Justin was able to get 30 hours in at work this week, we will see what next week holds. It does get a little tiresome dealing with so many unknowns (Emily's health, Justin's work, a house), but we trust God, and know He already has all the details figured out. Next post will be full of pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Much to pray about! I'm glad we CAN pray--and it the best thing we can do. Love to everybody!
Post a Comment