Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fall is in full swing

a fall trip to our flower park

Anna looks like a giant in this one :)

I love the fall colors, I wish they could be year-round


the go-cart worked perfectly at the farm

It was a little chilly, but sunny

It is squirrel hunting season so Grandma had all 11 grandchildren wear these vests, they are in birth order so the kids would remember whose vest was whose

Luke lost two teeth in one day (one top and one bottom)!
We have had a busy few days.  We enjoyed some beautiful weather here, and the fall colors are awesome!  The kids are very busy with school.  Heidi and Anna joined chorus last week, and are getting more and more homework.  I went into Emily's classroom last Tuesday after one of the girls in her class made a comment about her appearance.  Both the director and the teacher thought it was best to just address any questions, which I gladly did (and there really weren't any-I just explained that she has no fat, but she is just like any 5 year old girl).  On Friday, Emily had a field trip that Noah and I were able to join in on.  And then it was off to Justin's parent's farm for a mini family reunion.  We had a wonderful time visiting with everyone and the weather held out for many photo ops.  Justin couldn't take any time off so we came home late Sunday night.  The kids and I were thankful to have a day off on Monday, especially to tackle the giant pile of laundry!  Justin's job is a day to day unknown.  There are too many guys on the job so he never knows if this is the day he gets laid off.  The inspection is set for tomorrow, so things might change, though we are hopeful as there is more work coming up (the company may "hide" him for a few weeks, finding small things that need to be done).  And Justin's grandpa passed away on Saturday.  He was 90 and suffered from memory loss for some time.  Again, I have to say that it is more of a joy, as he is now out of pain and with his wife who passed on 16 years ago (or so).  We can't even begin to imagine the glory that these family members have entered into!  Now, Justin has no more living grandparents.  This weekend I need to dust off the sewing machine as Halloween is just around the corner!

No comments: