 |
| Grandma and I went to the same high school/academy |
 |
| I am wearing a diamond necklace made from my grandma's wedding ring. |
Here are a few photos of Grandma and I. It has been a week now since she went to heaven and I have spent a little time reminiscing and wondering. I cannot even imagine the joyous reunion between Grandma and Mom, and of course, other passed on family members. I wonder if my grandma filled my mom in on all things happening here on earth, or if the magnificence of Heaven makes life here seem like a small blip. I wonder what they can see happening here on earth (maybe they see a filtered version, afterall there is no sadness in heaven).
My grandma was a wonderful example of what a grandma should be. I was her first grandchild and she sure spoiled me rotten. I always loved when she was at our house for Christmas, which she usually was, because it meant a huge pile of presents in the morning. She knitted many special sweaters, and a large Raggedy Ann blanket, that I have thankfully saved. She knew I loved cats (when I was younger) and bought me an endless supply of figurines and decor. And every Christmas I treasure the ornaments she has picked out special, for each of us. I spent many weekends staying with her at her apartment, and even took my first plane ride when she moved to Minnesota. She was great at filling her kitchen with many goodies from the local bakery. Many of my memories of Grandma are from when my mom was sick. Grandma came every weekend, to visit and help us at the house. She taught me how to do the laundry. And on Saturdays she took me to a little restaurant where we had broccoli and cheddar soup, a favorite for both of us. She took Joel and I on a spring break trip to Florida with some of her friends. Years later, when my dad remarried and I had to give up my cat, Cloudy, Grandma took care of her for me. Grandma was thoughtful in sending cards for all occassions and was very generous to the kids (she had 8 grandchildren and 5 great-grandchildren). She had a way to make each of us feel special, and was always happy to visit with us. In many of our recent visits she would remind me of how much I sound like my mom, look like my mom, and act like my mom. Grandma had a tough life, but perservered and loved abundantly. I would count her as a prayer warrior and I would imagine she is reaping the rewards of a life well lived. My grandma will be missed and gives me all the more to look forward to when I reach heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment