Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May days

May is just flying by; the kids only have15 days of school left!  Thanks to Justin and the kids, I had a fun Mother's Day.  I love the special "homemade" gifts the kids always have for me.  And we were able to do something I like to do: go shopping!  I also had my favorite ribs and fries for dinner and finished the day by watching the only show I sit down and watch, on the Disney channel.  Justin has been "back to work" for 2 days now and he is a little sore and tired, but we all knew to expect that.  I think he will feel much better after that first paycheck.  The inspection company he was working for were sad to see him go, and said they would gladly take him back if work runs out again (or in 20 years, when he "retires").  Heidi, Luke and Anna all had to run the mile at school this week, and had better times than last year.  The homework is ending, and they each have one field trip left.  Emily has no doctor's appointments for a while, really until we go to NIH in July.  And we are busy looking at housing options, and are really hoping/planning to be settled by the time the school year starts again (I know, longer than the original plan).  We are enjoying the warm weather and playing in my parent's large backyard.  Luke and Justin are always "calling" for squirrels, Emily likes talking to her butterfly friends, and Heidi and Anna write countless stories.  It is about time to start planning for two lovely ladies' birthday, and the rest of our summer activities!  In some ways I want the days to go faster, so we can move, but at the same time I can't believe the school year is about done and our kids will be 2nd and 4th graders!  Well off to watch my cousin's lacrosse game; Luke's aspiration is to be a lacrosse player (he asked if he can go to college to be a lacrosse player). 

No comments: