
Ok, this is a long post so get ready. Here are some recent photos of Emily, she is playing peek-a-boo in the first one, and wearing a fashionable diaper as a scarf in another. Today was her yearly review/meeting with Early Intervention. I got a call
at 8:30 am from the service coordinator saying that the speech/feeding therapist had not done her report (should have been done a week or two ago). We could change the meeting if I wanted, but I had already cleaned and gotten things ready for it, and the PT was going to be here for the eval today. Ok, so long story short not everyone was ready. The PT thinks Emily is doing just fine, her legs should straighten as she gains weight, but she is doing things normal for her age. On the other hand the speech therapist feels that Emily is 3-6 months behind on her expressive language skills. This is where I get frustrated, the therapist is only here once a week for an hour and really does nothing other than observe Emily eat. I feel like language is one of Emily's strengths and just because she isn't chatting it up when the therapist is here doesn't mean she is behind. According to the DT her vocabulary is advanced and she imitates every other word we say. So needless to say I am a little irritated with our speech/feeding therapist, but they are so hard to find so I really can't complain right now.
So on to my next annoyance, I called insurance because I have yet to receive some kind of notification that they will pay for OT thru the hospital for Emily. The lady I talked to said there was nothing on the computer about OT, other than there were some bills paid that I had appealed from this past year. So I don't know for sure the insurance will pay for anything, but I went ahead and signed Emily up with the OT. In my mind if a child has a g-tube insurance should pay for anything and everything that will help.
Ok, last piece of news, Justin should be done at his current jobsite this Friday, rumor is that he will be going into escalators. He isn't thrilled about it, they are very dirty and dangerous, but it is work. I haven't heard anything about preschool, should be another week or two and Heidi is just about to lose her second tooth. Oh and on a totally unrelated note, if anyone needs new or different toy ideas visit www.learningresources.com, they are super fast shipping, but have an awesome assortment of toys that generally can't be found in the stores. I ordered some really neat things for Emily and the girls.

No comments:
Post a Comment